Programs at Islamic Center of Oakbrook Terrace
Join us, and learn Arabic verses from the Qur’an and the Hadith of our beloved Prophet (P.B.U.H). Be prepared to build your vocabulary through multiple linguistic structures and methods to make language easy and natural to learn. There are several Arabic courses taught, but their focus is mainly towards grammar from the beginning; our approach however is much different.
Upon completion of this course, In Shaa Allah you will:
- Understand basic vocabulary in the Qur’an and Hadith
- Be able to incorporate Qur’anic Arabic to conversations
- Possess basic fluency in Arabic writing
The classes will be held every Sunday, from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Contact us now to reserve a spot, and find out more about the fee structure.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1S270 Summit Avenue., Oakbrook Terrace, IL – 60181
You may also reach us at 866.497.9035 for MORE INFORMATION
Weekend Quran School
- The classes would be held for a group of registered students with ages ranging from 7 to 16. Students under the age of 7 may be admitted on a case-by-case basis and are put on a probationary period of two weeks.
- The focus of the program would be to teach to Read, Pronounce and Recite Quran with Tajweed. In addition students will have the opportunity to learn the meaning and purpose of what they read.
- The program is designed to create a learning environment that would reinforce discipline and key Islamic values and principles.
- If you have any questions regarding the Quran Classes, please see Hafiz Osman during the class hours.
Policies & Expectations
We have basic Rules and Guidelines to ensure that the Program runs smoothly and that every student attains maximum benefit. Failure to comply with these rules will compromise the integrity of the program and its students. Thank you for your support.
Safety and Discipline:
- Students are expected to respect the Masjid and facility and conduct themselves accordingly.
- Listening to and respecting the teacher is expected. Disrespecting others will not be tolerated.
- Students are expected to complete their assignments and home works consistently and diligently.
- No Food or Drinks in Class area or Prayer area.
- Parents are expected to work with Students and make sure they practice their lessons during the week. This will ensure maximum learning.
- Parents are encouraged to talk to the Teachers and learn about their progress and any areas that need help.
- Parents are expected to work with the program and follow up with the students on home work and reinforce the values at home.
- The students acceptance and continuing enrollment will be based upon behavior and class attendance. If this is not met, Islamic Center of Oakbrook Terrace administration reserves the right to remove the student from the class/program.
Class Schedule & Payments:
- The class will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 AM to Duhr Salat.
- Students are expected to pray Duhr at the Masjid.
- Monthly Fees is due by First week of the Month. Please make Checks Payable to ”ICOBT” with a notation Quran Class and the student name(s) on the memo. Checks can be hand delivered to Hafiz Osman, who will be available at least by the end of each class.
- Additional charge: $5.00 each for basic Tajweed book () unless provided.
Sisters program Description:
This course is geared towards understanding the Quran in the language it was revealed to Prophet Mohammed SAS. Through experiencing the powerful speech of Allah, the goal is to implement the Quran in our daily lives.
Quran does not remain a meaningless religious chore but rather something one looks toward everyday Bi’iznillah.
Taraweeh carries a special meaning once enrolled in this course.
The timings suit students, homemakers, as well as working sisters and are such that the sisters can return home in time to partake in any family activities for the day Alhamdulillah.
Program Schedule & Topics:
InshaAllah the Classes will be held on every Sunday Morning between 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Tajweed: 7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
Arabic Grammar: 8:00 – 8:45 a.m.
Quranic Arabic word to word and Fahmul Quran: 8:45 – 10:00 a.m.
Adult Learning Prog.:
by Shaykh Mohammad Hasan
Short Hadith: Every Day (After Fajr and Isha)
Explanation of Forty Hadiths of Imam Nawawi: Every Wednesday (After Maghrib)
Tafseer Class: Every Saturday before Dhuhr (12:30 am to 1:30 pm)
Programs: Tafseer and Hadith by Sh. Mohammad Hasan, Weekend Quran School for Boys and Girls, Sisters Program, etc.